Job Opening: Project Manager (m/f)
Electrochaea is an early stage, venture-backed company with operations in Munich, Germany and projects in Denmark and Switzerland. Electrochaea has developed a proprietary technology for Biomethanation which is about to be commercialized in key markets. The Company is exploring commercial and demonstration projects in these markets in the EU, Asia and the North America, where the Company’s power-to-gas technology represents a commercially viable solution for utility-scale energy storage, grid balancing, and carbon recycling.
Electrochaea is currently seeking project managers/project coordinators for both technology demonstration and commercial production in Europe.
Southwest of Munich (Planegg), Germany
Description of Position
The Project Manager will primarily oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific multi-year project which has been funded by the Company and the EU Horizon 2020 Programme. The project manager will report to the Company’s lead project manager, coordinate with the project sponsor for execution, information dissemination, reimbursement and reporting. The PM will also participate in assuring timely delivery on internal Company projects focused on design, engineering, procurement and realization of advanced methanation system designs.
Main Tasks and Activities
The Project Manager is expected to engage in the full spectrum of project management activities required to effectively oversee and realize project completion. This includes all of the basic activities required for project Planning, Staffing, Executing, Controlling, Evaluating and Reporting on projects for which the PM is responsible.
The initial project is a collaboration with multiple parties. The PM will collaborate with the project sponsor and partners to create detailed work plans including milestones and schedules for project completion within the scope of the funded project, and assure alignment of project metrics and goals for project evaluation. The PM will work with project partners to define necessary resources for project execution, and review and revise project schedules with project participants and management.
PM will be responsible for managing project personnel within the Company, according to Company, Programme and project policies. PM will ensure that Company personnel receive appropriate project-related orientation and training. The PM will manage project execution within the Company’s project and plan, including negotiations with vendors, consultants or other third parties for work on the project.
PM will create or secure appropriate records to document project activities, manage Company’s project funds by approving budgeted project expenditures within the Company work flow system and established accounting procedures, seek reimbursement and payments, monitor and report on the progress of the project, make necessary adjustments to ensure project completion and maintain regular communications, and schedules with relevant stakeholders. PM will provide cash flow projections, clear and up to date reports of actual cash flow and variances, regular project reports and supporting documentation for management and project partners.
PM will also monitor the quality of project work to ensure project standards, and evaluate the outcomes of the project established during the planning phase, identify and pursue claims for delinquency or substandard performance, and assist project sponsor and partners in generating project reports and narratives for knowledge transfer.
College or University Degree in Engineering, Management, or related topic
Basic Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with standard project management practices, software and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in basic team building and motivation
- The ideal candidate will have experience in PM for industrial process implementation, construction, military, or cross disciplinary projects
Personal Characteristics of High Value in the Successful Candidate
- Judgment – quickly assess situations to determine importance, urgency and risks, and make clear timely decisions in the best interests of the organization
- Ethics – display ethical behavior consistent with the standards of Electrochaea and the communities within which projects are realized
- Urgency –rapidly execute on project plans, achieve agreed objectives with available resources
- Innovation – develops new and unique ways to improve the project, team and organization
- Leadership – influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Organization– set goals and priorities aligned with the project and Company objectives and develop a realistic work schedule to accomplish project goals
- Problem solving – identify critical problems, quickly gather and process relevant information, identify solutions and act to resolve
- 4 or more years project planning and/or management experience
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief statement of your interest in this position, career goals, availability, resume, and expected compensation. Names and contact information for three references will be requested following an initial successful interview.